Butter Chicken With Tandoori Mayo Recipe
Butter Chicken or Chicken Makhani is a creamy and delicious preparation of chicken in rich tomato gravy. Butter Chicken With Tandoori Mayo Recipe is a variant of the Mughlai Chicken Makhani.
Butter Chicken With Tandoori Mayo has pan fried boneless chicken marinated with creamy Delmonte Tandoori Mayo, spiced yogurt and lemon juice. You can also use oven grilled or charcoal grilled chicken pieces to marinate and use in this recipe. Be it any parties or any festive occasion, Butter Chicken With Tandoori Mayo Recipe is sure to steal the show. Serve Butter Chicken With Tandoori Mayo Recipe along with steamed Basmati rice, Naan or Pudina Tawa Paratha.
- 400 grams Boneless chicken , cubed to bite size (2-inches)
- Butter (Salted) , as required
- Oil , as required For Chicken Marination:
- 2 tablespoon Del Monte Tandoori Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 3/4 tablespoon Ginger , grated
- 3/4 tablespoon Garlic , grated
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Salt For Butter Chicken Gravy:
- 2 Onion , chopped
- 5 Tomatoes , chopped
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 inch Ginger , peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Butter (Salted)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Del Monte Tandoori Mayo
- 4 tablespoon Fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon Oil For Garnish:
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon Butter (Salted)
How to make Butter Chicken With Tandoori Mayo Recipe
To prepare Butter Chicken With Tandoori Mayo Recipe, first marinate the chicken. In a mixing bowl, add the chicken pieces and all the ingredients mentioned in "For Marination" list.
Combine all the ingredients together and mix well by applying the marinade to the chicken pieces.
Close this bowl and leave it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
After the chicken gets marinated and when it is time to make the gravy, keep the marinated chicken out from the freezer.
Now to prepare the pan fried chicken tikkas/kebabs, heat a kadai/wok with 2 teaspoon oil. Once the oil is heated, add 2 tablespoon butter and wait for it to melt.
After butter gets melted, add the marinated chicken pieces and fry in batches till they are cooked. Add more butter if needed while frying.
After frying remove the chicken kebabs/tikka and keep aside.
To prepare tomato gravy for the butter chicken, boil the tomatoes for 10 minutes in a cup of water and switch off the gas.
After cooling, add this to a mixer along with chopped onion and grind to a thin puree.
In the pan, add a teaspoon of oil and 2 tablespoons butter. After the butter melts, add ginger and green chillies and saute for 2 minutes.
Add the spice powders (turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder and coriander powder) one by one and saute till they mix well and are aromatic.
Now pour the tomato and onion puree and mix well with spices.
Simmer on low flame till oil rises to the surface of the gravy and the color of the gravy changes.
Add the chicken tikka pieces and mix well. Add 1/2 teaspoon sugar and mix well.
Simmer the gravy for 10 minutes. Adjust salt. Now add fresh cream and Delmonte tandoori mayo, mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
Garnish with cream, a knob of butter and coriander leaves. Serve with steamed Basmati rice, Naan or Pudina Tawa Paratha.