Cabbage Bhurji Recipe
A wholesome scrambled egg with crunchy and shredded cabbage that you can have for breakfast. Serve this healthy and filling dish with any Indian bread of your choice.
Cabbage Bhurji Recipe is a twist to the traditional Bhurji in which onions are substituted by Cabbage. It will provide the same crunch but a different taste to the dish. It is the best way of adding cabbage to a dish which people love to eat. The dish is quite healthy and becomes very filling.
Cabbage is a good source of Vitamin K, Vitamin C and B6 .
If you are looking for more Breakfast Recipes here are some :
- Vegetable Rava Upma Recipe (Savory Semolina Breakfast Pudding)
- Oatmeal Dosa Recipe (Savoury Oatmeal Breakfast Crepes)
- Mor Kali (Kazhi) Recipe (Savory Rice Flour Breakfast Pudding)
- 2 cups Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , grated
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- 3 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt , to taste
- 2 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina) , for garnish
How to make Cabbage Bhurji Recipe
To begin making Cabbage Bhurji Recipe, heat oil in a pan/wok and add ginger, garlic and cumin seeds and let the seeds splutter.
Once done add the finely chopped cabbage and green chilies, cook till it turns soft.
Now add salt, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and mint leaves. On the other side break the eggs and beat them.
After a minute, add the beaten eggs and stir it continuously, don't overcook the eggs. Cook till all the masala is coated evenly and forms a scramble.