Capsicum In Coconut And Peanut Gravy Recipe
Capsicum In Coconut And Peanut Gravy is a delicious gravy recipe which you can make for your everyday meals. In this recipe, Capsicum is added to a spicy peanut and coconut gravy which is spiced with the everyday masalas.
Capsicum In Coconut And Peanut Gravy is a delicious gravy recipe which you can make for your everyday food. Flavours of Capsicum come out very well along with peanuts. Addition of coconut makes the gravy rich and nourishing. You can also pack this for your lunch box with parathas and your choice of raita.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Capsicum Recipes which you can make for your everyday meals:
- 3 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , or any other colour of your choice
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) , a pinch
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) For the paste
- 4 tablespoons Raw Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds (Til seeds)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Fresh coconut
How to make Capsicum In Coconut And Peanut Gravy Recipe
To begin making the Capsicum In Coconut And Peanut Gravy Recipe, firstly dry roast peanuts, sesame seeds, coriander seeds for about 20 seconds. Cool completely and make a fine paste along with coconut and keep aside.
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, temper with cumin seeds and add ginger garlic paste. Fry till raw smell goes off and add onions.
When the onions turn translucent, add tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt, mix well and cook covered until tomatoes turn mushy. This will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
When the tomatoes are mushy, mash them well using the back of the spoon and fry until the water evaporates and onion tomato mixture looks like a paste.
Now, add coconut peanut paste and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add red chilli powder, garam masala, water and bring to boil.
Now, add capsicum and cook covered for 5 to 10 minutes. After 5 to 10 minutes, add Kasuri Methi, mix well and serve.