Chana Dal Aloo Cutlet Recipe - Gram Dal Potato Cutlet Recipe
Easy to make and delicious to eat, Chana Dal Aloo Cutlet is a high protein cutlet recipe that you can make for your evening snacks or for party starters. Serve these yummy Cutlets along with Dhaniya Pudina Chutney and a cup of Masala Chai or Filter Coffee for evening snacks.
Chana Dal Aloo Cutlet is an easy to make and a very healthy vegetarian appetizer. Flavourful cutlets loaded with protein and fibre, quite filling as a nutrient dense food.
You can also use these cutlets for sandwiches, burgers and wraps. Just add these cutlets, sauce or dip of your choice and some sliced onions, and you delicious sandwich, burger or wrap is ready.
If you like this Chana Dal Aloo Cutlet Recipe, you can also try other Cutlet recipes that you can make for your evening snacks:
- 1 cup Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal) , soaked for 3 hours
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 2 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , a small bunch, chopped
- Mint Leaves (Pudina) , a small bunch, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh coconut , grated
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- Sunflower Oil , for making cutlets
How to make Chana Dal Aloo Cutlet Recipe - Gram Dal Potato Cutlet Recipe
To begin making the Chana Dal Aloo Cutlet recipe, first wash the chana dal and soak in water for 1 hour or more.
Heat a pressure cooker and add the chana dal and water, cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
Once done, strain the water from the chana dal and make a dry fine paste using a mixer grinder.
Heat a teaspoon of oil and temper with cumin seeds, asafoetida and saute it for about 10 seconds.
Add ginger, coconut, red chilli powder, cardamom powder. Saute for a few seconds.
Add the chana dal paste, boiled mashed potatoes, besan, coriander leaves, mint leaves and chaat masala. Now stir fry the dal mixture for about 2 to 3 minutes on medium to low flame until it thickens.
Once it thickens, turn off the heat.
Next, make flat thick medium balls and refrigerate the Chana Dal Aloo Cutlet for about 15 minutes.
Heat a frying pan with oil and fry the Chana Dal Aloo Cutlet from both side for 5 minutes each or till they turn golden brown in colour. Make sure you fry on low to medium heat to get a perfect crispness.
Once done, take the Chana Dal Aloo Cutlet out on a kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil. Serve hot.