Mughlai Style Chicken Changezi Recipe
Mughlai Style Chicken Changezi Recipe is believed to be originated during the rule of 13th century warrior Chenghis Khan. A heirloom recipe of the royal family, this chicken recipe, will leaves you licking your fingers.
Mughlai Style Chicken Changezi Recipe is one of the gems of Mughlai Cuisine,
This recipe of chicken is believed to be originated during the rule of 13th century warrior Genghis Khan. Apparently he was very particular about his food and didn’t like it too spicy. So the khansama as they were called presented him with a dish specially made according to his liking. And hence named after him. Luscious reddish/ orangish gravy, succulent chicken and creamy-ness all are so inviting.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other chicken recipes such as
For chicken marination
- 2 tablespoon Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 3/4 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 750 grams Chicken , cleaned For the Masala gravy
- 4 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ginger , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 2 Onions , chopped, roasted till soft and ground to paste
- Salt , to taste
- Red Chilli powder , Red chili powder to taste
- 2 tablespoon Fresh cream
How to make Mughlai Style Chicken Changezi Recipe
To begin making the Chicken Changezi recipe, pat dry the chicken well after cleaning and prick it with a fork. This helps in getting the marinade deep inside chicken.
To marinate the chicken , in a mixing bowl, combine the chicken along with dahi, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, turmeric powder, kasturi methi, kashmiri red chili powder, and marinade for 3-4 hours.
Now bake chicken at 180°C for 30-40 minutes according to the size of the chicken pieces.
Burn a small piece of charcoal on the direct flame.
Place your chicken in a dish, once it is cooked. In the middle place a katori. Put the blazing charcoal in that katori and pour ghee over it. Cover and let it rest till all the smoke is infused in the chicken. This will give you a smoky flavor to chicken.
Now, for the gravy, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the ginger garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or till the raw smell disappears.
Add tomato puree and masala gravy of onions. Cook until all comes together (about 2-3 minutes). Add salt, red chilli powder and baked chicken.
Now cook for 5-7 minutes so that gravy is well absorbed by chicken. In the end simply add the cream, mix and serve. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Mughlai Style Chicken Changezi Recipe is part of the Recipe Contest : Share The Best Non Veg Recipe From Your Kitchen