Chickpea Salad Recipe With Raw Mango
This simple Chickpea Salad Recipe With Raw Mango is tangy, yum and filling and is best to have during summers.
Beat the heat with this Chickpea Salad Recipe with Raw Mango, protein packed chickpeas boiled and tossed with fresh ingredients to make a healthy salad.
Did you know: Chickpeas make for a very nutritious and healthy diet. It reduces cholesterol, prevents constipation and helps prevent digestive disorders. Chickpeas are rich in potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium. It also has impressive amounts of iron, sodium, selenium and small amounts of copper, zinc and manganese.
If you like this recipe, you can even try other chickpea recipes like
- Vegetarian Chickpea Burger
- Mango, Avocado and Chickpea Salad
- Chickpea Orange Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , soaked overnight
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 1/2 cup Mango (Raw) , chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , chopped
- 1/2 tablespoons Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Chaat Masala Powder , optional
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Salt , as required
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , minced
- 1 tablespoon Mint Leaves (Pudina) , minced
How to make Chickpea Salad Recipe With Raw Mango
To begin with Chickpea Salad with Raw Mango, wash and soak the chickpeas overnight.
In a pressure cooker, add the chana and water and pressure cook for 6 whistles on high flame, reduce the flame and continue to cook for 15 more minutes. Turn off the flame.
Allow the pressure to release naturally, drain the water and transfer the chana into a bowl and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the chana, onions, chopped green chilli, tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder and give the mixture a good stir.
To this add raw mango pieces, chaat masala, lemon juice and toss the salad mix.
Garnish with chopped coriander and mint leaves.