Chole Semiya Pulao Recipe - Chickpea Vermicelli Pulao
Chole Semiya, a recipe which is similar to Chole Pulao and is perfect for your weekday breakfast or you can also pack it in your Lunch Box. Serve it with a bowl of Curd for a quick lunch or dinner.
Chole Semiya Pulao recipe is a delicious combination of Vermicelli along with high protein chickpeas. We always make Chole Biryani or Chole Pulao but have you ever tried making this Chole Semiya?
It tastes equally delicious and is a perfect recipe that you can eat for your breakfast, tea time snack or pack it for your and your kids Lunch Box.
Full Of flavour and taste, this makes for a quick dinner recipe too. Addition of chickpeas, gives this dish an extra taste and makes it more nutritious.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Vermicelli Recipes such as
- 1-1/2 cups Semiya (Vermicelli) , roasted
- 2 Onions , peeled and chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , soaked for 8 hours & boiled until soft
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil , as required
- 2 teaspoons Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chana Masala Powder
- Salt , to taste
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , as required, chopped for garnishing
How to make Chole Semiya Pulao Recipe - Chickpea Vermicelli Pulao
To begin making the Chole Semiya Pulao recipe, firstly boil water (almost 3 cups) in a pan. Add a little salt, semiya and boil it for about 5 to 7 minutes until the semiya is cooked.
Once the semiya is cooked, drain the semiya well and wash it under running water. Let it drain completely.
Fluff it gently with a fork and keep it aside.
Heat oil and ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds and when it starts spluttering, add the onions. Sauté till it turns soft and translucent.
Add the chopped carrot and sauté for few seconds. Now add the capsicum and continue to sauté for few seconds.
Once the carrot and capsicum are soft, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, chole masala powder and salt to taste.
Mix well and let it cook for about 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, add in the cooked chickpeas and mix everything well.
Now add the semiya, turn the heat to high and cook the Chole Semiya Pulao for about a minute or two. Check the salt and spiced and adjust the taste of Chole Semiya Pulao accordingly. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Chole Semiya Pulao Recipe - Chickpea Vermicelli Pulao is part of the Mother's Day Recipe Contest 2017