Creamy Radish Soup Recipe With Sweet Potato
A smooth blend of sweet potato and baby radish flavoured with fennel and caraway seeds.
Creamy Radish soup is a healthy recipe made with radish and sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes balance the pungency of radish and also provide a smooth texture to the soup. You can use small pink radishes or the regular white Radishes, whichever available. The carom and fennel seeds add flavor to the soup and also aid digestion and help counter the bloating that may sometimes be caused by consuming radish. The yogurt/curd adds a nice tang to the soup.
Look for more radish recipes here
- 6 Red baby radish , chopped (or 2 white radishes)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes , peeled and chopped
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 2 Bay leaves (tej patta) , or tejpatta or allspice leaves
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoon Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 1 Mooli/ Mullangi (Radish) , cut into strips for garnish
How to make Creamy Radish Soup Recipe With Sweet Potato
To begin making the Creamy Radish soup recipe with Sweet Potato, first, heat oil in a saucepan.
Add the onion and sauté till it becomes soft. Add the carom seeds, fennel seeds and bay leaf.
Stir and add the sweet potato and radish. Mix.
Add 1/2 cup stock, salt and cook covered till the root vegetables soften.
Cool slightly, take out the bay leaf and puree in a blender.
Pour it back into the saucepan. Add bay leaf.
Adjust the consistency with the stock (this is usually a thick soup).
Add pepper and salt (if required). Bring to a boil.
Ladle into serving bowls, stir a tablespoon of curd/yogurt and garnish with coriander leaves and strips of radish.
Serve Creamy Radish soup recipe with Sweet Potato immediately with Smoked Tofu and Grilled Vegetable Salad for a light meal.