Curd Rice Recipe With Mint Flavour
Simple and filling lunch apt for summers
Curd and Rice both are very healthy ingredients to make any dish. The combination of both means taste, health and perfect option for a healthy meal and Curd Rice Recipe With Mint Flavor is one of the possibilities. This is one of the quick and easy recipe. Though Curd rice is a popular south indian dish but people like it in all over india because of its taste. This recipe needs only few easily available ingredients. There are many ways to make curd rice, somewhere people add mix salad veggies in it, and somewhere they use fruits but both options are good so you can add fruits and veggies according to Your comfort. I used fresh mint leaves to gives it a fresh and different flavor.
If you like this recipe, try more recipes like
- If you are using fresh yogurt/curd you can avoid adding milk.
- When you 'll add curd and rice together, make sure rice should be cool.
- For some spicy flavor you can also add little bit black pepper powder in it.
- Use just 2 teaspoons of yogurt culture and mix rice only with milk if packing for lunch box or for picnics since the curd rice might become sour if the yogurt ferments further.
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 1 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 20 Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , grated
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- Salt , to taste For Tempering
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 8 Curry leaves
How to make Curd Rice Recipe With Mint Flavour
To prepare Curd Rice Recipe With Mint Flavor, first we need to wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
Once the rice is soaked, take a deep pan or rice cooker, add 1 and 1/4 cups of water, soaked rice, mint leaves and pinch of salt in it.
Cook rice till it is completely cooked soft. Now whisk the curd without adding water since this recipe needs a thick yogurt.
Mash the rice lightly and when rice is cooled completely, add whisked yogurt and milk to it.
For Tempering, heat oil in a tadka pan. Once the oil is hot, add mustard and let it splutter.
Then add fresh mint leaves, carrot, coriander leaves, curry leaves and salt mix for a few seconds and switch off heat.
Now pour the seasoning to the curd and rice mixture and mix well, then keep the mixed curd rice with tadka into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or till cold.
After this, Garnish them with Pomegranate seeds and few more mint leaves.
Curd Rice Recipe With Mint Flavour is part of the Mother's Day Recipe Contest 2017