Curd Rice Style Overnight Oats Recipe
Curd Rice Style Overnight Oats brings together the comfort of curd rice and the benefits of oats in one. This recipe is for everyone who prefer savoury oats over sweet. A dish for anytime of the day and extremely simple to make. South Indian style tempering takes this dish to the next level.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Oats recipes such as
- 1 cup Instant Oats (Oatmeal) , quick or rolled
- 3/4+1/4 Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 6 to 8 Cashew nuts , chopped
- pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1/2 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
- 1 teaspoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 8 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 2 tablespoons Onion , finely chopped (optional)
- 6 to 8 Curry leaves
- 1 Green Chilli , slit
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli
- Oil , as needed
- Salt , to taste
How to make Curd Rice Style Overnight Oats Recipe
To begin making the Curd Rice Style Overnight Oats, in a mixing bowl add oats, milk and 3/4 cup of yogurt and mix until combined and refrigerate it at least for 4 hours or overnight.
After soaking add remaining 1/4 cup yogurt, salt to taste, grated ginger, chopped onions and chopped coriander and mix well.
Now in a tadka pan, heat some oil add mustard seeds and let it crackle, add hing, jeera, peppercorns, urad dal, channa dal and cashew nuts and cook on low heat stirring it in between to colour it evenly.
Now add curry leaves, green chilli and red chilli. Once done spoon the tadka onto the curd oats.
You can also add pomegranate seeds, raisins and even fresh grapes to enhance the taste of this overnight curd rice style oats.