Dal Fara Recipe
Made with dal and wheat flour, these Dal Fara's are scrumptious to have along with a Masala Chai.
Dal Fara is a traditional snack from Uttar Pradesh, it is very famous in Lucknow and Kanpur. It is made from wheat flour, by filling chana dal paste along with spices. Some times made with rice flour and urad dal as well.
You may also like these other evening snack recipes
- 2-1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1-1/2 cups Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 4 Green Chillies , chopped
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 teaspoon Onion , chopped
- 2 teaspoons Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic , crushed
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , Few
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
How to make Dal Fara Recipe
To start the preparation of Dal Fara, make a soft dough with wheat flour, salt, water and knead well.
Make a paste with dal, salt, astafoetida, green chili, and some coriander leaves.
Divide the dough into equal small portion and roll out small pancake like poories, stuff with mixture and seal it.
Boil 4 glasses of water with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon oil.
Cook them for 15 minutes.
Let them cool.
Cut them into small pieces .
Now heat the oil in a wok or non-stick pan. Saute the cumin, green chili, ginger.and onion .
Add cooked fara, dry mango powder, red chili powder 1/4 teaspoon salt and fry till golden.