Dhaba Style Country Chicken Recipe
Who is not fascinated by Dhaba's food, if set off on a road trip? Dhabas are the road-side eatery joints on Indian highways mostly comprise of one-shed building where you can enjoy the fresh prepared food sitting on cots. Food is very much pocket friendly and there is always a hint of local cuisine in the taste. The recipe I am sharing is what i could recall from my memory that I relished at a dhaba in Odisha. I did it in completely my way. Try it & you will love the taste of this Chicken recipe.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other similar recipes such as
- 750 grams Chicken , curry cut
- 2 tablespoons Onion , paste
- 2 tablespoons Ginger , paste
- 2 tablespoons Garlic , paste
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Red Chilli , paste
- Mustard oil , as required
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 4 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 inch Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Salt , as required
- Water , as required
How to make Dhaba Style Country Chicken Recipe
To begin making the Dhaba Style Country Chicken recipe, firstly marinade the chicken with turmeric, salt, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli paste, 1 tablespoon onion paste and 1 tablespoon mustard oil for about 30 minutes. Rub the spices well using your fingers.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Once oil reaches it's smoking point cool down a bit. Then heat it again, add bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamom.
After a minute, add chopped onion and fry till they are golden brown.
Add onion paste and fry for 2 minutes. Add Chicken to it and saute at high flame for least 5 minutes. Make a paste of all masala powder adding 2 tablespoons of water.
Add this paste to chicken and mix well. Adjust salt according to your taste.
Add 2 cups of warm water to it & cook it covered until they are done. You can add more water if you want more gravy.