Dhaba Style Egg Curry Recipe in Electric Pressure Cooker
If you love Dhaba food, then this curry will be a hit at home. It's super simple to make and it is packed with fresh spices, ginger garlic and cooked in dahi tomato gravy making it absolutely delicious. It takes all of 30 minutes from start to finish for a perfect weeknight dinner.
The taste of Dhaba food is phenomenal and we usually find these dhabas on highways. They cook some amazing dishes in traditional style which enhances the flavour of the dish. Dhaba Style Egg Curry is one such recipe which is spicy, tasty and full of flavours.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Egg recipes such as
- 4 Whole Eggs , hard boiled
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 3 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 Black cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 4 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- Salt , as needed
- Water , as needed
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , few sprigs, finely chopped
How to make Dhaba Style Egg Curry Recipe in Electric Pressure Cooker
To begin making the Dhaba Style Egg Curry, prep all the ingredients and keep them ready.
Boil the eggs and keep them ready as well.
Place the mode of the pressure cooker into the saute mode.
Heat ghee into the electric pressure cooker; add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, hing, bay leaf, red chilli, black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves until you can smell the aromas coming through.
Add the finely chopped onion, ginger, garlic and cook them till they turn soft and translucent.
After a minute, add all the dry masalas including kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and the required salt. Let it cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Next, add the tomato puree and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. After 5 to 6 minutes, add the curd and the required water.
Mix properly, cover the electric pressure cooker.
Set the mode to gravy mode and allow the pressure cooker to do cook until turns itself on to the keep warm mode.
Once done, stir in the coriander leaves, check the salt and adjust according to taste.
Once done, transfer the Dhaba Egg Curry into a serving bowl and serve hot.