Dhuska Recipe (Rice Fried Bread)
A scrumptious Fried Rice Bread from Jharkhand which is made with Rice and Chana Dal.
Dhuska is a traditional recipe from Jharkhand. It is a festive recipe which is very easy to make. This recipe is good for breakfast and snack. Traditionally it is made by adding peas into the batter. But if you want, you can also add the other vegetables like carrot, capsicum, onion too.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Puri recipes such as
- 1 cup Basmati rice , washed and soaked in water for 4 to 5 hours
- 1/2 cup Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal) , washed and soaked in water for 4 to 5 hours
- 2 tablespoons Green peas (Matar)
- 3 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 1/5 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Mustard oil , as required to deep fr
How to make Dhuska Recipe (Rice Fried Bread)
To begin making the Dhuska, grind rice and chana dal with water to a idli/dosa batter consistency.
Now add green peas, green chillies, salt, turmeric powder and chopped coriander. Mix well.
Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, pour some batter directly in the oil with the help of a laddle.
Deep fry both the sides till it changes the colour.
Transfer them on a paper towel. Repeat the process with with remaining batter.
Dhuska Recipe (Rice Fried Bread) is part of the Recipe Contest: Lost Recipes From Ancestral Kitchens