Dry Methi Malai Matar Recipe
The taste of every version of food has its own joy! Dry Methi Malai Matar is a very rich and creamy dish of North India which is made with the paste of cashew nuts and loads of fresh cream. Well, this recipe is made only with cream but you can always add cashew nut paste whichever suits your taste buds.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Dry Vegetable recipes such as
- 300 grams Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 2 tablespoon Fresh cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1/2 Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 cup Onion , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger , paste
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Salt , to taste
How to make Dry Methi Malai Matar Recipe
To begin with Dry Methi Malai Matar, firstly wash fresh methi twice with clean water and chop these washed leaves finely.
Peel fresh peas or use frozen green peas and boil them.
Heat a pan and add 1 teaspoon of oil and put the chopped Methi leaves, and saute them until all the water gets steamed up and methi becomes dry. Take out from the pan and transfer it to the bowl.
Add oil in the same pan with bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds. After 30 seconds add finely chopped garlic, onion and chopped green chilies. Let it cook till the onions turn light brown and soft.
Once it is done, add tomatoes and let them saute for about 2 minutes.
Add all the spices mentioned in the ingredients and cook it for few seconds more.
After few seconds, add fresh cream/malai and let it cook for a minute or two.
After a minute or two, add sauted and dried methi and boiled green peas in it, then stir it for a few seconds.
Add tomato ketchup into it and mix everything properly. Cover it with a lid and cook for another 5 minutes. After 5 minutes switch off the gas and your dish is ready.