Dudhi Dal Gosht Recipe-Mutton With Bottle Gourd & Lentils
In this recipe dal and gosht are cooked with various spices along with bottle gourd. It has its own peculiar taste and texture that will be loved by your family members and you can make this for your potluck parties and enjoy it with hot phulkas or whole wheat roti by the side.
Dudhi Dal Gosht, this recipe my mom used to make usually on Fridays most of the time. In this recipe daal and gosht are cooked with various spices and bottle gourd. It has its own peculiar taste and texture. Dudhi Dal Gosht can be also served in house parties and be made for potluck parties too.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Mutton recipes such as :
- 1 kg Bottle gourd (lauki) , chopped into cubes
- 750 grams Mutton
- 150 grams Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 50 grams Masoor Dal (Whole)
- 50 grams Arhar dal (Split Toor Dal)
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 3 Onions , finely sliced
- 5 Amchur (Dry Mango Powder) , whole
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 6 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 4 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- Salt , to taste
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 teaspoons Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 5 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped to garnish
How to make Dudhi Dal Gosht Recipe-Mutton With Bottle Gourd & Lentils
To begin making the Dudhi Dal Gosht recipe, mix all the dals in a pressure cooker and cook till it is properly cooked and mushy. Once it is done, blend with a hand blender.
Next, boil mutton with a little salt and water in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes.
Heat oil and ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add all the whole spices including bay leaf, whole pepper corns, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds.
Cook them for about 30 seconds and add finely sliced onions and cook till they become slightly brown in colour. (Make sure you do not burn them)
Next, add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
Add the chopped bottle gourd, tomatoes, mix everything properly and let it cook till the bottle gourd is half cooked.
Once it is done, add whole mint leaves to it. Now add the boiled mutton, mixed daal and cook for 5 minutes.
Now add whole amchur and lemon juice to it. Let it cook for another 5 minutes and garnish with coriander.
Dudhi Dal Gosht Recipe-Mutton With Bottle Gourd & Lentils is part of the Mother's Day Recipe Contest 2017