Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
The Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake Recipe are perfect for a lazy Saturday brunch and are ready in under 30 minutes, unless of course, you are preparing to feed an army!
The Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake Recipe are perfect for a lazy Saturday brunch and are ready in under 30 minutes, unless of course, you are preparing to feed an army! Options for toppings range from the usual maple syrup to fruits and caramel sauce, which we tried this weekend. Give the simple and easy Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes a try and you are sure to love them. Serve Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake Recipe with Cold Coffee Smoothie Recipe or Mexican Style Vegetable Fajita Recipe.
If you like this recipe, you can also try more pancake recipes like
- If you use self-raising flour, you do not have to use baking soda while making the batter.
- I used two pans simultaneously to cook all the pancakes as quickly as possible and to be able to eat them while they were still piping hot. This recipe makes 6-8 pancakes, depending on the size you choose to make them.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida) , (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Caster Sugar
- 250 ml Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Whole Egg , beaten well
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Fresh fruits , or nuts, or maple syrup, for topping
How to make Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
To begin making the Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake Recipe, in a large bowl, add in all the dry ingredients and mix well. (You could also sieve them all together.)
Add in the buttermilk. Combine gently with the flour mixture.
Add in the egg and the vanilla extract and mix it all together. You should now have a nice thick batter. Whisk the batter well to make it fluffy.
Heat a pan, add a teaspoon of the oil. Drop a large spoon of the pancake batter. Spread it as thick or thinly as you like.
When bubbles appear on the top of the pancake, it is ready to flip. Cook the other side well until both sides are golden brown. Continue till you have used up the batter.