Fruit Pachadi Recipe
A sweet, juicy and tasty fruits and yogurt delicacy with lots of coconut and green chilies makes Fruit Pachadi Recipe. This is a South Indian style fruit raita where fruits are cooked and then mixed with yogurt and tempered with chilli and mustard. The pachadi tastes heavenly when served with lunch or dinner and of course, it suits to play the role of mock role of dessert as well. Serve Fruit Pachadi Recipe with Fried Samvat Rice recipe or with Amritsari Ajwaini Paneer Recipe with hot Phulkas.
Here are few more similar recipes to try as a side dish to the main meal
Limit the quantity of water added, since the fruits also release water.
- 2 cups Mixed fruits , cubed to bite size (I used pineapple, mango, kiwi, apple, pear, & whole grapes]
- 1 1/2 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt) , whisked
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoon Jaggery
- Salt , to taste
- Water , as required To Grind:
- 1/4 cup Fresh coconut , grated
- 2 Green Chillies , roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu) To Temper:
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 2 Dry Red Chilli , broken
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
How to make Fruit Pachadi Recipe
To prepare Fruit Pachadi recipe, take a paste of coconut, green chillies and mustard seeds in a blender using a little water. Keep it aside.
Heat a pan and add chopped fruits and two tablespoons of water. Cook on simmer for about 5 minutes or until fruits are softened.
Add turmeric powder, salt and sugar or jaggery. Stir and add the coconut paste.
Cook for a few minutes more until the water is absorbed. Remove fruit pachadi from heat and add whisked yogurt.
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves. Saute for a minute. Pour the tempering over the fruit pachadi. Mix to combine. Refrigerate until served.
Serve Fruit Pachadi Recipe with Fried Samvat Rice recipe or with Amritsari Ajwaini Paneer Recipe with hot Phulkas.