Fusion Style Paneer Malai Makhani Recipe
Fusion Style Paneer Malai Makhani Recipe is fusion recipe of malai Makhani with South Indian and Sri Lankan spices. Serve Fusion Style Paneer Malai Makhani with tawa paratha for a nice lunch or dinner.
Paneer Malai Makhani Recipe is a quick and simple recipe to cook for dinners or lunch boxes on weekdays. Since I love the spices of South India and Srilanka, I have fused the spices and method of cooking into this paneer malai makhani recipe.
If you like this recipe, you might also like
- 200 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , cubed
- 1 Onion , finely sliced
- 2 Tomatoes , cut in wedges
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 200 ml Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder , (dajust to taste)
- 1/3 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 Kokum (Malabar Tamarind) , soaked in 2 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- Curry leaves , a few
- Whole Black Peppercorns , a few, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , a few sprigs for garnishing
How to make Fusion Style Paneer Malai Makhani Recipe
To begin making Fusion Style Paneer Malai Makhani Recipe, prep all the ingredients needed for this recipe.
In a kadai heat coconut oil, when it is hot enough, add in the cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and peppercorns and let them sizzle. Wait for about 10 seconds or till sizzling, and add in the curry leaves. Wait till they splutter. (takes about a couple of seconds)
Add the onion and sauté for about 3-5 minutes till the onion is tender.
Now add in the ginger, garlic paste, some salt and turmeric powder. Sauté till the raw smell goes and appears even.
Now add in the coriander powder, black pepper powder and red chilli powder, continue frying for another 2 minutes or till the spices are evenly mixed.
Add the tomatoes and fry for another 2 minutes or so, till the tomatoes are softened. Cover the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes till tomatoes are fully cooked.
Add the paneer(cottage cheese) cubes and mix it well but careful not to break the cubes.
Add the kokum or kokum extract, coconut milk and water. Adjust salt. Cover the pan and simmer for about 3-5 minutes on a low medium heat.
Switch off heat and garnish Paneer Malai Makhani with fresh coriander.