Gawar Ki Sabzi Recipe - Cluster Beans Curry
Try this simple, easy to cook and delicious Gawar Ki Sabzi and serve it along with Panchmel Dal, Boondi Raita and Phulkas for a weekday meal.
Gawar ki Sabji is a simple side dish which goes well with Rice or Roti. The addition of ajwain and combining it along with tomatoes and simple spices makes this dish stand out. This recipe uses a pressure cooker to make the Gawar Ki Sabzi, as a one pot dish - pressure cooking reduces the cooking time and gets done in 15 minutes from start to finish.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other dry vegetable recipes such as
- 300 grams Gawar Phali (Kothavarangai / Cluster beans) , cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
- 4 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , as required, chopped for garnishing
How to make Gawar Ki Sabzi Recipe - Cluster Beans Curry
To begin making the Gawar ki Sabzi, first heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat.
Add the ajwain seeds and allow it to crackle.
Once it crackles, add the onion, ginger and garlic and saute until the onions become tender and pinkish brown.
At this stage, add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and saute until the tomatoes become mushy.
Once the tomatoes become mushy, add the cut guar/ cluster beans, salt to taste and 1/4 cup of water.
Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles and turn off the heat. Release the pressure immediately to retain the bright green colour of the gawar ki sabzi.
Once opened, give the Gawar Ki Sabzi a stir and check the salt and spices and adjust accordingly.
Transfer the Gawar Ki Sabzi to a serving bowl and serve hot.