Gujarati Mooli Bajra Muthia Recipe - Radish And Bajra-Besan Dmplings
Gujarati Mooli Bajra Muthia Recipe is a super healthy muthia that is made with radish, radish leaves, and the addition of bajra, instantly increases the nutritive value. Serve it as an evening snack or along with your meals.
Gujarati Mooli Bajra Muthia Recipe are muthiyas has a unique flavour and taste. They can be made ahead of time, warmed and served as required.
Muthia is a Gujarati traditional snack prepared by steaming dumplings made with a spiced mixture of flours and vegetables. The healthy snack is a great way to sneak in vegetables especially for fussy eaters.
Serve Gujarati Mooli Bajra Muthia Recipe on its own or with chutney of choice, like Dhaniya Pudina Chutney Recipe (Green Chutney) or Lahsun ki Chutney for snacks, after school snack or as a side dish for a scrumptious meal.
If you like this recipe, try more recipes like
Instead of making logs and then slicing them, you can also make small individual Muthias.Pinch small lime sized balls from the dough.
Using the palm of your hands shape them into small elongated dumplings and then steam them.
For the Muthia dough:
- 2 Mooli/ Mullangi (Radish) , peeled and grated
- Mooli Ke Patte (Radish Greens) , a handful, chopped
- 3/4 cup Bajra Flour ( Pearl Millet)
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 2 teaspoons Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2-3 teaspoons Green Chilli Paste , or red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , a handful, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt , to taste For the tadka
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 2 teaspoons Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seeds (Til seeds)
- 10 Curry leaves , (optional)
How to make Gujarati Mooli Bajra Muthia Recipe - Radish And Bajra-Besan Dmplings
To begin making Gujarati Mooli Bajra Muthia Recipe, we will first make the Muthia dough.
To make the muthiya dough, in a mixing bowl, combine the radish, radish leaves, bajra flour, whole wheat flour, besan, ajwain, dhaniya-jeera powder, hing, turmeric powder, green chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves, oil, lime juice, sugar and salt to taste.
Add some water and mix till everything just comes together. Do not knead the dough too much. We are looking for a stiff firm dough.
Prepare logs of dough that are 1-1/2 inch thick. you can form around 2-3 logs as per convenience of kneading lightly with palms.
Prepare a steamer and keep it on medium heat to preheat.
Grease the steamer plate with some oil.
Place the logs on it and steam covered for about 15-20 minutes. Insert a knife to check if they are done. The knife should come out clean when the Muthia is steamed.
Allow them to cool and slice the logs to about 1 inch thick.
In a non-stick pan, heat cooking oil. Once the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and once they sizzle, add in the curry leaves, fennel seeds and sesame seeds.
Add the sliced Mooli Bajra Muthia and fry them on medium heat till they turn to a light golden colour.
Serve Gujarati Mooli Bajra Muthia Recipe (Steamed and Tempered Grated Radish And Bajra-Besan Dumplings) on its own or with chutney of choice, like Dhaniya Pudina Chutney Recipe (Green Chutney) or Lahsun ki Chutney for snacks.