Hariyali Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy Recipe -No Onion No Garlic Recipe
Flavorful Hariyali Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy Recipe is a No Onion No Garlic Recipe made with succulent paneer cooked with a flavourful hariyali gravy. It can be served with hot garlic butter nan.
Hariyali Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy is a rich and flavourful vegetarian sabzi made with Cottage Cheese traditionally called as paneer. Hariyali in Indian language means the colour "Green" which comes from the gravy made with a combination of coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies and ginger.
The gravy is authentic to Punjabi Cuisine. Traditionally the paneer are marinated with the Hariyali gravy and cooked in Tandoor which gives a succulent texture to the panner and is then cooked in the flavourful gravy.
If your looking for more paneer recipes here are some of our favourites :
- 250 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , cut into an inch lengthwise For Hariyali Masala
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 50 grams Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 20 grams Mint Leaves (Pudina) , finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes , pureed
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream
- Salt , to taste
- 1 tablespoon Butter , to cook
How to make Hariyali Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy Recipe -No Onion No Garlic Recipe
To begin making the Hariyali Paneer Tikka Masala Gravy ,coarsely grind the fennel seeds, coriander, mint, ginger and green chillies in a blender along with some water.
Heat butter in a pan, add spices - cinnamon, bay leaf, and cardamon pods and then the tomato puree. Cook until the raw smell of the tomato goes away.
Add the ground green masala ingredients, and the garam masala and chaat masala, saute the masala for a few minutes on low heat. Cover the pan and allow the hariyali masala gravy to cook through. This will take about 4 to 5 minutes.
Once done, stir in the cream and paneer. Check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste. Simmer for 3 more minutes so the paneer absorbs the flavors of the masala.
Once done, turn of the heat and serve.