Bajra or Pearl Millet is from the millet family and is a staple in major regions of Africa and consumed widely in the Rajasthan and Gujarat region of India. It is a boon to people in drought prone areas as it is packed with essential nutrients and nutrients making it a staple food.
- Bajra is a great source of energy as it is packed with carbohydrate, protein, fiber and vitamins. It is a healthy alternative for other form of carbohydrates.
- Regular consumption of Bajra can also help with anemia as it has good iron, zinc and phosphorous content.
- The phytonutrients present in Bajra provide it with antioxidant properties.
- High fiber, good protein carbohydrate mix, low glycemic index and a good amount of nutrients make it an excellent choice for people trying to lose weight.
- Bajra is gluten free which makes it an excellent choice for people suffering from celiac disease (allergic reaction to gluten).
- Bajra is great for ones cardiovascular health and also plays a significant role in reducing blood sugar and insulin sensitivity in diabetics.
We don't think you require more reasons to include this nutritious cereal in your diet, and the only obstacle here can be the lack of knowledge when it comes to recipes you can prepare with Bajra. Not to worry as we are always at your rescue. We have put together a collection of Bajra recipes that are super delicious and healthy all at the same time.