Healthy Black Bean Burger Recipe Without Bun
Healthy Black Bean Burger Recipe Without Bun is a burger without bun made healthy with black bean and whole lot of other fillings which is packed with flavour.
Black Bean Burger Recipe without bun is packed with huge amounts of flavor and is quite filling and healthy. This black bean burger recipe is cooked on a pan with very less oil. These burgers without bun get their moisture from all the juicy vegetables and the avocado. Make this for a tea party and see how they fly off a platter. This is a vegan-friendly recipe as well. These Healthy Black Bean Burger Recipe without bun is a great way to make children eat the proteins.
Explore other popular burger recipes with us
Note: You can also replace breadcrumbs with oats, you might need oats little more than half a cup.
- 1-1/2 cups Black beans , cooked/canned (drained)
- 1 cup Brown Rice , cooked
- 1 Onion , finely diced
- 1/2 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Bread crumbs
- 1 cup Walnuts , roasted
- 2 teaspoons Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon Jaggery , or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Red Chilli powder
- 5-6 Pickled Jalapenos , pickled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli sauce , or sriracha
- 1/2 tablespoon Maple syrup , or honey
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar , or any vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt , to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil , as needed Ingredients For Assembling
- 8 Pineapple , slices
- 8 Beetroot , sliced and cooked
- 1 Onion , cut into rings
- 8 Tomato , sliced
- Black olives , as needed
- 1 cup Iceberg lettuce , as needed
- 1 Avocado , ripened and pitted
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
How to make Healthy Black Bean Burger Recipe Without Bun
To prepare this Healthy Black Bean Burger Recipe Without Bun, get prep with all the ingredients mentioned.
In a mixing bowl combine avocado, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and mash with a fork. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until needed.
In a bowl combine apple cider Vinegar, honey, tomato sauce, hot sauce and pepper and whisk them together with a fork and set aside this sauce mixture when combined.
In a pan, sauté diced onion using little oil on medium-high flame until brown and set aside.
In a blender, add roasted walnuts, cumin powder, chilli powder, raw sugar and a pinch of salt and blend to a coarse powder.
In a large mixing bowl add black beans and mash it well using a masher.
To this, add cooked brown rice, walnut powder, chopped coriander, sautéed onion, chopped jalapenos, bread crumbs, sauce mixture and salt to taste.
Mix all the ingredients until they are well combined, cover and set aside for at least 1/2 an hour. This helps the flavor soak into the burgers.
Divide this mixture into 8 equal portions and shape them into burger patties. Grill them on a pan using a little olive oil, flipping both sides.
On a platter, lay the salad leaves and place pineapple, beetroot, tomato, mashed Avocado, the grilled patty on top of the other and secure these, using a skewer or a toothpick. Place onion rings on top and insert olives from above.
Enjoy this Healthy Black Bean Burger Recipe Without Bun with sauce or dip of your choice.