Healthy Oats Waffles Recipe
Healthy oats waffle made with oat flour that can be topped with any kind of fruits and syrup.
Make a stack of waffles on a weekend morning and you will see everyone turn up to the breakfast table promptly. Waffles are one such breakfasts that is an absolute winner with kids and adults alike. Lay out a table with oat waffles on a bed of your favourite fruit, glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and coffee for a relaxed weekend breakfast.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Waffle recipes such as
- Whole Wheat Waffles with Caramelised Bananas
- Ragi, Wheat & Oat Waffles Recipe with Maple Syrup
- Whole Wheat Buttermilk Vanilla Waffles
- 1-1/2 cup Instant Oats (Oatmeal)
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 6 tablespoons Soy milk
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar , raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil , melted, or butter+more for greasing
- 2/3 cup Soy milk , cow's milk+ 2 tablespoons if needed
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini)
- Maple syrup , or honey as needed
- Fresh fruits , to serve as needed (fruit of your choice)
How to make Healthy Oats Waffles Recipe
To begin making the Healthy Oats Waffles recipe, In a small bowl add chia seeds and 6 tablespoons of soy milk, mix well and set aside for 10 minutes to form a chia egg.
In a blender, add oats and grind it to a flour like consistency.
In a jug add melted coconut oil, chia egg and soy milk and mix well.
In a mixing bowl add oat flour, baking powder, salt, coconut sugar and mix well.
To this pour the mixed wet ingredients and mix well until combined. Add the extra 2 tablespoons of milk if the mixture is too thick.
Now heat the waffle iron, grease it with some coconut oil and make waffles.
Stories of a Mindful Mouth! Gauravi Vinay is a finance graduate and an ex stock broker now a full time mum. She loves travelling and learning about new cultures. She derives massive inspiration to cook from her mum and grandma who are amazing cooks as well. In addition to her love for cooking, she has a huge interest in nutrition and aspires to go in that direction someday. Lastly she loves to experiment with healthy and local ingredients and make plant based food fun and exciting.