Homemade Summer Pasta Salad Recipe With Herbs
A delicious and easy to make pasta recipe that has all the summer vegetables. The pasta is loaded with vegetables like bell peppers, black olives, red onions, cherry tomatoes and green lettuce. You can add any kind of pasta of your choice but we have added ribboned fettuccine pasta.Serve it along with warm soup.
Homemade Summer Pasta Salad Recipe is delicious and easy to make dish for the summers. Chilled Pasta tossed in olive oil with fresh salad vegetables make the pasta truly delicious and refreshing. You can use any kind of pasta from Fusilli, Farfalle or Penne pasta to make the salad. You can add some roasted sausage to up the protein levels of the pasta salad.
The addition of fresh herbs like basil add to the refreshing taste. Serve the Homemade Summer Pasta Salad along with a glass of wine and Minestrone Soup for a refreshing weeknight dinner or pack into your working lunch box.
If you like having pasta for a weeknight dinner or along with friends and family, then you must try some of our favorites
The contest is in association with Preethi Kitchen Appliances.
- 250 grams Fettuccine Pasta
- 1/2 cup Black olives , pitted
- 1/2 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , cut into wedges
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , cut into wedges
- 1 Red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 cup Cucumber , thinly cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup Green Romaine lettuce , roughly torn
- 1 sprig Basil leaves For dressing
- 3 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns , coarsely pounded
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
- Salt , to taste
How to make Homemade Summer Pasta Salad Recipe With Herbs
To begin making the Homemade Summer Pasta Salad Recipe With Herbs, first cook the pasta along with salt until firm (al dente). Once it is cooked, rinse the pasta in cold water to stop the cooking process. Drizzle olive oil and coat the pasta well.
Keep the pasta refrigerated for a couple of hours.
Cut the vegetables as mentioned in the ingredients and keep them aside.
In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients
When you are ready to serve the pasta, in a large mixing bowl, add the cooked pasta, the vegetables and the dressing. Toss them well until well combined. Check the salt and adjust accordingly.
Serve the Homemade Summer Pasta Salad along with a glass of wine and Minestrone Soup for a refreshing weeknight dinner or pack into your working lunch box.