When it comes to your appearance, the face is the most observed part of the body. A chiseled jawline and high cheek bones define the structure of the face
When it comes to your appearance, the face is the most observed part of the body. A chiselled jawline and high cheekbones define the structure of the face, giving it a sharp edge. Physical activities help in losing weight around the body, but what does one do to reduce fat around the cheeks?
These simple exercises are sure to do the trick.
1. Chin Lift
Working the muscles in the jaw and throat, this exercise can help you bid adieu to that dreaded double chin.
- Tilt your head upwards, keeping eyes fixed on the ceiling.
- Purse your lips as if trying to pout.
- Hold for 10 seconds and relax.
- Reps: 10
2. Jaw Release
Try this exercise to stretch the muscles around your lips, jaws, and cheeks, for prominent cheekbones and jawline.
- Sit or stand, with your back straight.
- Keeping your lips closed, move your jaw as though you’re chewing.
- Inhale with your nose.
- Press your tongue against the lower jaw, and exhale with your mouth.
- Hold for 5 seconds, and repeat.
3. Lips Pull
This yoga asana, if practised regularly can lift facial muscles and take years off your appearance.
- Sit or stand, with your head held normally.
- Lift your lower lip as much as possible by pushing the lower jaw out.
- Feel the stretch in the chin muscles and jaw line.
- Hold for 10-15 seconds, and relax.
- Reps: 10
4. Puffy Cheeks
Try this facial exercise to strengthen your upper cheek muscles and sculpt your face.
- Inhale with your mouth till your cheeks are puffed up. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Move the air to your right cheek. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Shift to the left cheek, hold for 10 seconds and exhale.
- Reps: 10
5. Fish Face
The “smiling fish face” is one of the most popular exercises for toning facial muscles and losing cheek fat.
- Suck your cheeks in and purse your lips.
- Maintain this pose and try to smile.
- Hold for 5 seconds.
- Reps: 10
Apart from these exercises, keep these simple tips in mind:
- Chewing gum doesn’t only freshen your breath; it can also help you lose fat on the cheeks. The repetitive chewing motion strengthens the jaw. Try and chew a piece of gum for 20 minutes after lunch or dinner.
- Giving your face a hot towel treatment aids in fat loss on the cheeks. Dip a towel in hot water, wring and place it on your face for 15-20 seconds. Repeat five times. Schedule this treatment an hour before bed for best results.
- Regular facial massages can help reduce cheek fat, sculpt, and tone your face. It can also get rid of fluid build-up and retention – often responsible for facial swelling.
- Practice yoga asanas that help reduce weight on the face. These include Surya Namaskar, Adhomukha Savasana and neck rotations.
- Avoid foods that contain high amount of sugar, salt, starch and oil. Desist from consuming too much alcohol – it dehydrates the body, causing bloating. Opt for food high in protein as they are most effective in burning fat.
Originally Published on the HealthifyMe Blog