How To Make Homemade Kashmiri Masala/ Spice Mix Recipe
Kashmiri Spice Mix or Kashmiri Masala is a special spice powder used in many recipes that originate from Kashmiri Cuisine. This is a variation to garam masala recipe. This recipe yields close to a cup of spice mix. Make this spice powder and store in advance to cook Kashmiri recipes and to add Kashmiri twist to the regular home cooked recipes. Store away in an airtight container.
Here are more spice powder recipes to make
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves (Laung)
- 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 1 Nutmeg , broken
- 3 Whole turmeric
- 2-1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoon Dry ginger powder
- 2 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
How to make How To Make Homemade Kashmiri Masala/ Spice Mix Recipe
To make Homemade Kashmiri Masala/ Spice Mix Recipe, get prep with all the ingredients first.
Preheat a skillet on medium heat and roast all the ingredients together except the spice powders (garlic-ginger-chilli), on low to medium heat until you can smell the aromas coming through.
Make sure you keep stirring continuously with preferably a wooden spoon while dry roasting.
Once the spices have cooled down, dry grind them along with garlic powder, ginger powder and chilli powder till finely done.
Store Homemade Kashmiri Masala/ Spice Mix Recipe in an airtight container and use as required. You can also freeze the masala for longer shelf life.