Exercising is an important everyday activity that is required to stay healthy. The fast paced lifestyles we lead, requires us to ensure we get the right amount of nutrition and fitness for our body to function well.
An Indian diet mostly revolves around foods high in carbohydrates like Idli, dosa, rice, paratha, dal & vegetable based meals. Even with this diet, meeting our daily protein requirement becomes a challenge.
Did you know our body need approximately 1.4 gram of protein per kg of body weight for optimal functioning whether you workout or not.
What If I Don't Meet The Daily Protein Requirement?
When we don’t meet our daily protein requirement, our body suffers with
- Low energy or fatigue
- Slow metabolism which means your body burns fat very slowly.
- Weak hair and nails
- Decreased strength and muscle quality
- Weak immune system
- Declining bone strength
- Slow recovery from any physical activity
Does Protein Help In Weight Management?
For instance, when we do any kind of physical activity for weight loss, we damage tissues at the micro level and we use a lot of energy. Our body needs protein to aid in recovery and carbohydrates to help replace muscle glycogen.
Getting enough protein is essential to weight management. It helps keep you feeling full and prevents spikes in your blood sugar, which often induce cravings.
As you cut calories and exercise, an adequate protein intake supports the weight management.
Weight loss happens when you create a calorie deficit, or burn more calories than you consume. If you do this without exercise, your body often uses your valuable lean tissue for fuel and much of the weight you lose is muscle mass. Consuming enough protein as part of your daily meals helps discourage this effect.
In the long term it makes us stronger, but in the short term, our muscles need rest and repair. That’s where the role of Protein comes in. Repair and rebuilding occur through the protein breakdown and protein synthesis.
So What are Proteins?
Proteins are organic molecules made up of amino acids which are the building blocks of life. It is a macronutrient that is essential for building and maintaining quality muscles. Our body is mainly composed of protein; from our nails, hair, bones, organs, nerves, ligaments, organs and muscles are all made up of protein! The quality of protein we eat is important in determining how the body breaks it down and adds a nutritional benefit.
Post workout, when protein breaks down in our body it helps to fuel muscles, which helps increases metabolism. It also helps the immune system stay strong and aids in staying full for a longer time as well. Hence protein is a prerequisite for those who aim to be fit and lead a healthy lifestyle.
Eating a good wholesome meal packed with protein, vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates is certainly the right way. However, whole foods digest slowly and our body actually needs the nutrition almost immediately.
Here is where consuming a protein shake like Zago Body Buddy and a Banana for restoring glucose level comes into play. Body Buddy has the goodness of 20gms of both whey and casein protein.
You Might Have A Question “What Is Whey & Casein?”
Milk is made of two proteins, casein and whey. Whey is the liquid part of milk that separates during cheese production. Whey protein is considered a complete protein as it contains all 9 essential amino acids. It is low in lactose content.
Whey is commonly described as a fast-release protein, meaning it is quickly digested and absorbed. Casein is considered slow-release protein by comparison. Casein may also render your whey protein more useful to your muscles by slowing down its digestion and absorption.
Let’s Look At Some Health Benefits Of Whey & Casein
Research shows that whey & casein protein has multiple health benefits.
- Whey protein can help with weight maintenance. There is a lot of research and evidence that shows that meeting the daily protein requirement of our body can lead to lower total caloric intake and hence lower body weight.
- Whey is effective at increasing muscle quality
- Whey helps support the immune system
- Casein protein is higher in calcium content.
- Casein will help you accomplish both goals of having a higher calcium intake as well as boosting your protein intake, allowing you to maximise your fat loss benefits.
We did a little research on Zago Body buddy range of protein drinks and found that it has all necessary elements we just mentioned above.
- Zago Body Buddy range contains 20g proteins- whey and casein. Whey is easily absorbed into your body while Casein gives a sustained timely release of protein. Body Buddy is a protein drink which has zero sugars and very low carbohydrates with natural ingredients.
- Body Buddy comes in four delicious flavours of Chocolate, Caramel Coffee and Chocolate Orange. For those who are sceptic about the protein consumption due to the delectable aftertaste, you must try these and you will like them for the nice flavours they have.
- And most importantly, this ready to drink beverage does not have added preservatives in it.
- In addition, this drink is surprisingly lactose-free, gluten-free and soy-free.
- The drink is completely based on whey protein and casein, along with added vitamins and minerals, making it a healthy option to drink regularly to meet your daily protein requirement.
So next time you're shopping for a protein shake, ensure it has a combination of both whey and casein variety in it, similar to what Zago Body buddy has to offer. Zago Body Buddy is available at leading retail outlets in Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad & Chandigarh in India and is priced at Rs 100 only. If you are a frequent traveler you can pick ZAGO in any RELAY stores located in international airport like Mumbai, Delhi & Bangalore. You can also shop for it online on www.zagolife.com or Amazon.in