What's more comforting for us Indians on a cold winter's afternoon, than a lip smacking dal chawal meal. Piping hot tadkewali masoor dal with pudina dhaniya pulao, some pyaz kachumbar, achaaar and papad.
Dig into this meal with your hands, that's packed with nutrients. The masoor dal is a rich source of protein and fiber.
Dal is soaked and cooked with some tomatoes and ginger finished off with a rich ghee tadka that you will simply love
Pair this flavourful dal with some simple carbs like white rice flavoured and seasoned with whole spices and coriander and mint leaves or make a simple Jeera Rice Recipe - Cumin And Ghee Flavored Rice or Ghee Rice Recipe | Neychoru instead, if you wish.
Not to forget the condiments by the side that add a whole new dimension to the meal like the crunchy pickled onions, achaar and papad.
So wait no more and make this meal for your lunch today.
1. Mint Coriander Spice Pulao Recipe
A delicious and mildly spiced pulao with fresh greens like coriander and mint leaves and whole spices like cinnamon and star anise, makes this oh so delicious Mint Coriander Spice Pulao.
This pulao goes well with absolutely anything from curries, gravies, and even dals.
Try our other Rice Recipes:
- Narangi Pulao Recipe - Orange Flavoured Rice
- Peas Pulao Recipe - North Indian Matar Pulao
- Kashmiri Kesar Pulao - Saffron Fennel Rice Recipe
2. Tadkewali Masoor Dal Recipe - High Protein Masoor Dal Recipe
Comfort food at it's best. Whole masoor dal pressure cooked and topped with a generous tadka of ghee with some cumin seeds that add the zing to the dal.
Try our other Dal Recipes:
- Masoor Moong Phali Ki Dal Recipe (Masoor Dal With Peanuts Recipe)
- Masoor Dal Gassi Recipe (Lentils in Tangy Coconut Curry)
- Moringa Masoor Dal Recipe - Drumstick Leaves Dal
3. Pickled Onions Recipe
An element of salad in the meal, is this homemade pickled onions that go perfectly with this meal.
Try our other salad recipes:
- Simple Steamed Indian Beet Salad Recipe
- Kachumber Salad Recipe With Cucumber, Onion & Tomatoes
- Pudina Pyaz Kachumber Salad Recipe - Mint & Onion Salad
4. Aam Ka Achaar Recipe - North Indian Spicy Raw Mango Pickle
What's a Dal-Chawal meal without achaar. This classic Aam ka achaar is an absolute winner.
Try our other achaar recipes:
- Rajasthani Gunde Ka Achaar Recipe (Bird Lime Pickle)
- Amla Achaar Recipe | Hot & Sweet Indian Gooseberry Pickle
- Singhade Ka Achaar Recipe (Water Chestnut Pickle)