Instant Gor Kairi Lonche Recipe - Sweet Raw Mango Pickle
The Instant Gor Kairi Lonche Recipe is an instant Mango pickle which gets made in just under 10 minutes. This mango pickle is a classic maharashtrian favorite goes well along with Bhakri for lunch or dinner.
The Instant Gor Kairi Lonche Recipe is an instant Mango pickle which gets made in just under 10 minutes. The addition of jaggery along with powdered mustard seeds and hing brings out the delectable flavors of this Gor Kairi Lonche Recipe.
This mango pickle is a classic maharashtrian favorite goes well along with Bhakri for lunch or dinner.
If you like this Instant Gor Kairi Lonche Recipe, you can also try other pickle recipes such as
- 2 Mango (Raw) , peeled, seed removed and finely chopped. (about 3/4-1 cup )
- 3 tablespoons Jaggery , grated (adjust according to the tartness of mangoes)
- 2 tablespoons Mustard seeds , powdered
- Salt , to taste For the tempering (tadka)
- 1-1/12 tablespoon Mustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoons Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera) , optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder , adjustable
How to make Instant Gor Kairi Lonche Recipe - Sweet Raw Mango Pickle
To begin making Instant Gor Kairi Lonche Recipe first add the mangoes, jaggery, salt to a mixing bowl. Add the mustard powder over it and mix everything properly.
The next step is to temper the Gor Kairi Lonche pickle. In a small pan heat oil. Add the mustard seeds and once they crackle add cumin seeds.
Take the pan off the heat, cool a bit and then add hing, turmeric powder and chilli powder. This ensures that the chilli powder will not burn. Pour this hot tempering over the Mango mustard powder mixture.
Mix everything together. Spoon the Gor Kairi Lonche into a glass bottle and keep it covered for about 30 minutes for flavours to mingle and allow the the mangoes to release some of its juice. This mango juice along with the salt acts as a preservative.
The Gor Kairi Lonche Pickle be stored refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-4 days.