Kacche Aam Ki Launji Recipe
It is a delicious combination of sweet and tangy flavours, Kacche Aam Ki Launji Recipe can be spread on a phulka, rolled up and had along with a steaming hot cup of masala chai.
Kacche Aam ki Launji is the most famous traditional recipe from the state of Rajasthan. It is a delicious combination of sweet and tangy flavours. Addition of kalonji, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds are important in this recipe as it gives a twist to the usual launji.
You can also try other Mango recipes such as
- 3 Mango (Raw)
- 1/2 tablespoon Mustard oil
- Asafoetida (hing) , a pinch
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Dates
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Salt , as required
How to make Kacche Aam Ki Launji Recipe
To begin making the Kacche Aam Ki Launji, cut the mangoes into slices.
Heat a wide pan with mustard oil on medium heat, add mustard seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, asafoetida, and kalonji seeds.
Once the seeds begin to sizzle, add the sliced mangoes to it.
Now add jaggery and simmer the mango pieces for 10-15 minutes till the pieces become soft and the gravy becomes thick.
At this stage add turmeric powder and red chili powder and mix well. This can be served hot as well as refrigerated and used over the week.