Kadai Mushroom Recipe
Give this absolutely simple and delicious kadai mushroom recipe a try. It has a simple set of ingredients and brings out the flavours of the subtle spices. Serve it along with Jeera Pulao or even just a simple phulka for dinner.
The Kadai Mushroom recipe is a simple, healthy and delicious recipe that is packed with flavours from the spices like badi elaichi. The roasting the the vegetables along with onions, capsicum and mushrooms brings out the flavours of the dish.
Serve the Kadai Mushroom recipe along with Phulka and Raita for a quick and simple dinner.
If you like mushrooms, give these delicious mushroom recipes a try.
- 250 grams Button mushrooms , quartered
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Onion , cut into chunks
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , diced
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , diced
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , sliced into rounds
- 2 Tomato , pureed
- 2 Brown cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Honey
How to make Kadai Mushroom Recipe
To begin making the Kadai Mushroom recipe, first prep all the ingredients and keep them ready.
Preheat ghee in a wok or a kadai over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
Add the ginger, garlic and saute for a few seconds.
Next add the onions, bell peppers and carrots and saute until the vegetables are well roasted and cooked. It should have a firm bite.
Once the vegetables are well roasted, add the mushrooms, tomato puree, badi elaichi, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder salt, kasuri methi and honey.
Give it a stir, cover the pan and simmer until the mushroom are cooked. This will take about 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
Once done, check the salt and spices of the Kadai Mushroom Sabzi and adjust according to taste.
Once done, turn off the heat and transfer the Kadai Mushroom to a serving bowl and serve hot along with phulka or jeera rice.