Kandathipli And Arisi Thipli Rasam Recipe
Kandathipli and Arisi Thipli Rasam is a perfect recipe to cure your cold or body pain as this rasam is made with two medicinal herbs - Kandathipli and Arisi Thipli as the name suggests.
Kandathipli and Arisi Thipli Rasam is a recipe . Kandathipli and Arisi Thipli are medicinal herbs which is good for your body.
Kandathipli is used for healing body pains while arisi thipli generates body heat. The recipe is absolutely tasty when the spices are ground in a mortar pestle and the rasam is cooked in a kalchatti- the traditional way . Kandathipli and Arisi thipli are available pharmacies and some of the supermarkets.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Rasa recipes such as
- 1 Kandathipli , (medicinal herb)
- 2 Arisithipli , (medicinal herb)
- 1 tablespoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- Curry leaves , few
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- Salt , to taste
- Tamarind , one lemon size
- 1-1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- 2 teaspoons Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera) , for tempering
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
How to make Kandathipli And Arisi Thipli Rasam Recipe
To begin making the Kandathipli and Arisi Thipli Rasam recipe, dry roast kandathipli, arisithipli, chana dal, carom seeds, pepper and curry leaves.
Grind it to a fine powder using mortar pestle.
In a saucepan, combine hing, diluted tamarind water (1 cup), salt, turmeric & curry leaves on medium heat.
Next add the freshly ground rasam powder made with Kandathipli and Arisi Thipli , 1/2 cup water and bring it to a boil . Switch off once the rasam is frothy.
Once it is done, add coriander leaves.
Finally heat ghee in a tadka pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and red dry chilli. Allow the mustard seeds to crackle, turn off the flame and add the tadka to the piping hot rasam.
Kandathipli And Arisi Thipli Rasam Recipe is part of the Mother's Day Recipe Contest 2017