Karachi Biscuits Recipe
Eggless Tutti Frutti Cookies
Karachi Biscuits are also called Eggless Tutti Frutti Cookies. They are crunchy and rich cookies that are very popular in Hyderabad. It is an easy biscuit recipe to make with a freezing time of about 15 min (to firm the dough). Serve Karachi Biscuits Recipe as an after school snack along with Ginger Cardamom Chai.
If you are a fan of Indian biscuits, here are more similar recipes to try
- You can also replace custard powder with Corn flour or all-purpose flour.
- If using corn flour you have to add 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence. You might still not get the yellowish color to the cookies.
- Baking time may differ from oven to oven so keep a check on the cookies after 12 mins.
- 1-1/2 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/2 cup Butter (Salted) , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Custard powder , (vanilla flavoured)
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts , chopped
- 3/4 cup Tutti frutti
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 5 tablespoons Milk
How to make Karachi Biscuits Recipe
To prepare Karachi Biscuits Recipe, in a large mixing bowl, sieve in All-purpose flour and Custard powder and Mix well.
Add in roughly chopped cashew nuts and Tutti frutti. Mix.
In another mixing bowl add butter and powdered sugar. Cream the butter and sugar well by whisking and then add in milk. Whisk everything together.
Once the milk, butter and sugar are well combined, add prepared mixture of flour, custard nuts and tutti frutti, in batches. Make sure there are no lumps.
Add a little mil if you feel that the dough is too dry.
Roll the prepared dough to form rectangular logs or any desired shapes and cover it using a cling wrap and freeze it for about 15 mins or until it become firm.
Meanwhile, preheat oven at 180 Deg C.
Once firmed, remove cling wrap from the dough and cut into even sized biscuits.
Arrange cookies to be baked on a baking sheet with 1 inch gap in between and bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the cookies start darkening in colour.
Once the completely cooled store Karachi Biscuits recipe in airtight containers and enjoy with Ginger Cardamom Chai.