Kasuri Malai Murgh Tikka Recipe
A rich, creamy chicken curry made with cashew paste and fresh cream & flavored with fresh ground pepper and dry fenugreek leaves.
Kasuri Malai Murgh Tikka Recipe is a rich, creamy chicken curry made with cashew paste and fresh cream & flavored with fresh ground pepper and dry fenugreek leaves. Kasuri Malai Murgh comes from Mughal Cuisine and here we have made it as an appetizing dish. The marinated chicken is skewered along with gobi and grilled. The creamy, juicy and tender chicken pieces is simply irresistible and can be a show stopper dish at any house party.
If you are looking for more Chicken Recipes here are some :
- 300 grams Chicken , Cut into pieces
- 1 cup Cauliflower (gobi) , cut into big pieces For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1/2 cup Fresh cream
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts , paste
- 2 tablespoons Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns , freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Red Chilli powder
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , as required
- Sunflower Oil , as required Whole spices to roast and Grind
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 4 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 2 Black cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 4 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mace (Javitri)
- 2 Onions , finely chopped
- 7 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1-1/2 inch Ginger , grated
How to make Kasuri Malai Murgh Tikka Recipe
To begin making the Kasuri Malai Murgh Tikka, in a wok/kadhai, add more oil if needed and add all the whole spices and let them crackle.
Now add finely chopped onions and saute till raw smell goes off.Add finely chopped garlic and ginger and saute till golden.
Grind it into a smooth paste along with soaked cashew nuts and water. Transfer this to a mixing bowl.
Add chicken and marinate well, you can also add in the coriander powder, kasuri methi, turmeric, red chilli powder and salt.
Steam the cauliflower in a vegetable steamer and also add them into the marinade and mix well.
In a woodenskewer, thread chicken pieces, peppers, and cauliflower one after the other.
Arrange the wooden skewers in a hot grill and cook them for about 15 minutes, turning sides for every 5 minutes.
Brush the remaining marinate on top of the chicken while cooking. The chicken will leave water on the tray while cooking and this is expected.
Drizzle some oil over the top and keep turning and cook evenly on either side.
Once the chicken is cooked, remove the skewer from the grill and cool down. Do not overcook as the chicken might become hard and lose its juiciness.