Kerala Style Tomato Fry Recipe
This Kerala Style Tomato Fry is made in almost all the Kerala households and served as a side dish with their everyday meals.
Kerala Tomato Fry Recipe is famous in Kerala and it is easy to cook and delicious in taste. It goes well with Rice, Dosa and even Phulkas. It is easy recipe and requires very few ingredients to prepare this. You can also pack it in your Lunch Box along with Tawa Paratha or Neer Dosa.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Kerala Recipes such as
- 4 Tomatoes , chopped (big pieces)
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- 1 tablespoon Mustard seeds
- 3 Dry Red Chillies , torn into pieces
- 5 Curry leaves
- 2 Onions , thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
How to make Kerala Style Tomato Fry Recipe
To begin making the Kerala Tomato Fry Recipe, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add mustard seeds, dry red chillies and let the mustard seeds crackle.
Once mustard seeds start to crackle, add curry leaves, green chillies and onions. Saute it for 1 minute and add ginger garlic paste.
Saute it again till onion turn into golden brown in colour. Next add kashmiri red chilli and turmeric powder.
Mix well and add the chopped tomatoes. Let it cook 5 for 7 minutes till the tomatoes turn soft. Add the required salt and cook for another few seconds.
Turn off the flame, transfer it in a bowl and garnish it with fresh chopped coriander leaves. Our Kerala Style Tomato Fry is ready to serve.