Khamang Kakdi Recipe - Maharashtrian Cucumber Salad
Khamang Kakdi is a delicious Maharashtrian style side dish recipe where cucumber and yogurt is mixed and is tempered with curry leaves, green chillies and mustard seeds. Serve this side dish along with Maharashtrian Chawli Chi Usal and Steamed Rice for a weekday meal.
Khamang Kakdi is a delicious Maharashtrian style side dish recipe where cucumber and yogurt is mixed and is tempered with curry leaves, green chillies and mustard seeds.
Cucumber is perfect for summer season and you can add it in different salads to include it in your daily diet. Khamang Kakdi is one such Maharashtrian recipe, which is a delicious combination of cucumber and yogurt tempered with curry leaves and green chillies.
It is very easy to make and is a perfect side dish to serve along with your meals.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Raita recipes that you can serve along with your meal:
- 2 Cucumber , peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh coconut , grated
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , as required, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali) , skin removed
- 3 tablespoons Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- Salt , to taste For tempering:
- 1/4 teaspoon Sunflower Oil , as required
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves , roughly chopped
How to make Khamang Kakdi Recipe - Maharashtrian Cucumber Salad
To begin making the Khamang Kakdi Recipe, firstly take a big bowl to mix the salad.
Add cucumber, coconut, coriander leaves, salt to taste and mix everything well.
Now add in the yogurt and mix it again so that the cucumber is well coated with the yogurt. Keep it aside.
The next step is to temper the Khamang Kakdi. Heat oil in a tadka pan and add mustard seeds and asafoetida. Let it crackle for about 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds, add green chillies, curry leaves and saute for another 15 seconds. Once done, add this tempering to the Khamang Kakdi and mix it well.
At the end, sprinkle roasted peanuts over the Khamang Kakdi and give it a mix. The Khamang Kakdi is ready to be served.
- You can add lemon instead of curd if you want.