Kurkuri Bhindi And Onion Masala Recipe
Kurkuri Bhindi And Onion Masala is a go to recipe for your house parties. Simple yet something different, I am sure your guests will love it. Try this twist to your regular bhindi and you will make it again and again.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Bhindi recipes such as
- 250 grams Bhindi (Lady Finger/Okra) , sliced in small round shape
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Gram flour (besan)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- Salt , as required
- Water , as required
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 2 Onions , finely chopped
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
How to make Kurkuri Bhindi And Onion Masala Recipe
To begin making the Kurkuri Bhindi And Onion Masala recipe, Firstly we will make the kurkuri bhindi. Take a mixing bowl, add the sliced bhindi, besan, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder, required salt and a little water. Mix everything properly.
Once it is done, heat oil in a wok and fry the bhindis. Once done, take it out on the absorbent paper to absorb the extra oil. Keep it aside.
Now heat oil in a different wok. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, hing and green chillies.
After 10 to 15 seconds add in the ginger garlic paste. Saute it for a minute and then add the chopped onions. Cook till it becomes soft and translucent.
Add in the remaining red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and the required salt. Mix it, cover the kadai and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add in the fried bhindi and mix it properly. Cook for two more minutes, switch off the stove and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.