Lauki Badi Ki Sabzi Recipe
Lauki Badi Ki Sabzi is a perfect recipe for the days when you want to make something in jiffy but tasty. This is very popularly made in Rajasthani households and usually served with roti and parathas.
Lauki Badi Ki Sabzi is a perfect recipe for the days when you want to make something in jiffy but tasty. This is very popularly made in Rajasthani households and usually served with roti and parathas. It is easy and takes very few basic ingredients to prepare this recipe.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Lauki Recipes such as
- 1/2 Bottle gourd (lauki) , peel the skin and chopped
- 1/2 cup Badi (wadi)
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Asafoetida (hing) , a pinch
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- 3 cloves Garlic , grated
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons Milk , or more if required
How to make Lauki Badi Ki Sabzi Recipe
To begin making the Lauki Badi Ki Sabzi recipe, firstly roast the badi in a pan until it turns brown. Take it out and keep it aside to cool down.
Now heat oil or ghee in a wok/kadhai and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida.
Once the mustard seeds splutter, add in the green chillies, asafoetida and ginger garlic paste.
Add in the chopped lauki and cook till it becomes soft and tender. Once it is done add in the roasted badi and give it a stir.
Add in the masalas including red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and the required salt.
Add in the required milk. Don't add too much milk because the bad becomes soft very fast. Cook till the badi becomes soft. Stir in the coriander leaves and transfer the Lauki Badi ki Sabzi to as serving bowl and serve hot.