Macaroni Minestrone Soup Pot Recipe (Wholesome Italian Soup Made Using Vegetables, Beans And Macaroni)
This soup is a thick, chunky Italian soup, typically made using vegetables, beans and pasta.
Minestrone Soup is a thick, chunky Italian soup, typically made using vegetables, beans and pasta. The recipe for this humble soup varies from region to region. Usually, it includes seasonal vegetables, celery, onions, beans, tomatoes and short pasta or rice. You can add herbs and green vegetables of choice. Macaroni pasta is easily available and cooks quickly. Kids enjoy having their Macaroni pasta too.
Serve this hearty, wholesome Macaroni Minestrone Soup Pot Recipe along with some as a quick one pot comforting meal, perfect for a weeknight dinner or lunch. Serve it along with some Garlic Bread.
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , diced into small pieces and steamed
- 1/4 cup Green peas (Matar) , steamed
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn , steamed
- 8 Green beans (French Beans) , strings removed and cut into small pieces and steamed
- 1 Celery , finely chopped
- 1 Green zucchini , diced into small pieces
- 8 Button mushrooms , quartered
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , diced into small pieces
- 1 cup Canned beans
- 1 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder , freshly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika powder , optional
- 1 cup Macaroni pasta
- 4 cups Vegetable stock , as required
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt , to taste for garnishing
- 1 cup Mixed Herbs (Dried) , rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil or parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
How to make Macaroni Minestrone Soup Pot Recipe (Wholesome Italian Soup Made Using Vegetables, Beans And Macaroni)
To begin making Macaroni Minestrone Soup Pot Recipe, place a saucepan on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to it.
Once the oil is warm, add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté for a minute till the onions and garlic become translucent.
At this stage, add the chopped celery, carrot, and bay leaf. Sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the beans, baby corn, sweet corn, green peas and cook for 5-6 minutes. Click here to know How To Cook Vegetables In A Pressure Cooker/ Steamer. Steaming the vegetables beforehand saves a lot of time.
Once the vegetables are sauted for a couple of minutes, add 2-3 tablespoon of vegetable stock to avoid burning. Click here to know How To Make Homemade Vegetable Stock. Add mushrooms, colored pepper, zucchini and tomato puree.
Add the vegetable stock. Season with salt, pepper, sugar and paprika. Simmer and cook for about 12-15 minutes.Add the canned beans (or cooked beans) and macaroni. Click here to know How To Cook Legumes In A Pressure Cooker. Add more stock if required depending on how thick or thin you want your soup to be. Let the soup simmer on medium heat till the macaroni is cooked Al dente. Adjust the salt and spices and add more if required.
Serve the Macaroni Minestrone Soup Pot Recipe in individual bowls.Garnish with the fresh herbs and grated cheese along with some Garlic Bread.