Maize Daliya Khichri Recipe
An old fashioned recipe cooked together with rice and lentil is known as Khichri, a dish of South Asian origin.
An old fashioned recipe cooked together with rice and lentil is known as Khichri, a dish of South Asian origin. To add more nutritious goodness, organic broken maize dahliya is added with some risotto rice instead of lentils and plain rice. Maize grain contains essential nutrients which lowers cholesterol, prevents, hypertension, diabetes, and few amazing health and beauty benefits one must not forget. So let's use this these nutritious dried broken corn with Indian spices and make a hearty and simple vegan dish.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Khichdi recipes such as
- 1/2 cup Maize Dalia (Broken Corn Meal)
- 1/4 cup Govind Bhog Rice , or risotto rice
- 1/2 cup Carrot (Gajjar) , chopped
- 1/2 cup Green beans (French Beans) , chopped
- 1 Potato (Aloo) , cubed
- 2 teaspoon Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Panch Phoran Masala
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger , paste
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2-1/2 cups Water
- Salt , to taste
How to make Maize Daliya Khichri Recipe
To begin making Maize Daliya Khichri, firstly wash rice and maize for two to three times. Keep it aside.
Heat a pressure cooker with ghee and add the ginger paste and rest of the dry ingredients stir fry for few minutes.
Add maize and rice, stir well with salt and the vegetables for 5 minutes.
Finally, add the water and cook up to 4 -5 whistle on medium heat until maize is fully cooked.
Once it is cooked, add garam masala powder and add little water if it dried. Let it simmer for one more minute and serve.