Sindhis are a small community, who migrated to India, after the partition. This community spread across the Indian continent, have a culture and cuisine of their own. This meal, of Puri, Kheerni and Satsaagi is a popular one during most Sindhi festivals and occasions.
Puffed up piping hot puris, served with sweet seviyan kheer, that thick like that of rabdi flavoured with cardamom and saffron, and a savoury element of a mixed vegetable sabzi, that is made with everyday masalas. The satsaagi, uses absolutely no onion and garlic.
This meal is often made as brunch during festivals, and other events. The puri here goes equally well with the savoury satsaagi and the sweet kheerni. NEedless to say that there really is no Sindhi meal without a papad.
Th papad her is fried to give that extra crunch, and is often served with this meal.
So don't wait until the next festival, try this meal in your kitchen already.
1. Puri Recipe - Learn to Make Soft Puffed Puris At Home
Eaten across the country with various dishes. Puri is eaten with both sweet and savoury dishes. Those puffed piping hot puris instantly add life to the meal.
Try our other Puri Recipes:
- Chunni Ki Puri Recipe - Moong Dal And Besan Fried Puri Recipe
- Nagori Puri Recipe (Semolina Puri)
- Makki Ki Puri Recipe (Maize Flour Fried Indian Bread)
2. Sindhi Kheerni Recipe - Sindhi Seviyan Kheer
A lip smacking kheer recipe, this kheerni made by thickening the milk, to reducing it by half and then dunking some super thing seviyan.
Its almost like seviyan combined with rabdi, flavoured with cardamom and saffron.
Try our other Kheer Recipes:
3. Satsaagi Recipe - Sindhi Seven Vegetable Sabzi No Onion No Garlic
This sabzi a traditional Sindhi dish that uses seven veegtables and hence it's name.
Made with a medley of vegetables, and a masala that uses no onion no garlic, this Satsaagi is packed with nutrients.
Try our other Sabzi Recipes that will go with this meal:
- Jeera Aloo Sabzi - Roasted Potatoes With Cumin Seeds
- Aloo Bhindi Recipe Flavored With Mustard And Poppy Seeds