Manga Gojju Recipe (Spicy Mango relish)
Manga Gojju or mango curry is a spicy, sweet and tangy instant mango relish, made especially during the summers when unripe green mangoes are abundantly available. This South Indian style preparation is quick and easy to prepare and is a great accompaniment to Phulkas, allo paratha or rice.
Serve it for lunch or dinner for an exciting and tangy treat with Whole Wheat Laccha Paratha.
Try other mango recipes also at your home here are few.
- 3 Mango (Raw) , peeled, seed removed and choppe
- 2 tablespoon Jaggery , Grated, (amount may change depending on the tartness of the mangoes)
- 1 tablespoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds) , lightly toasted and crushed
- 2 teaspoon Rasam Powder
- 8 Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- Salt , to taste
How to make Manga Gojju Recipe (Spicy Mango relish)
To begin making the Manga Gojju, first heat oil in a wok/saucepan.
Add the mustard seeds and once they splutter, add the cumin seeds.
Add the hing, curry leaves and turmeric powder.
Add the chopped mango pieces and stir.
Sprinkle salt, jaggery, crushed methi seeds and the rasam powder.
Mix and cook covered for 2-3 minutes till the mangoes soften.
Cook for another minute and take off the heat.
Serve immediately or cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use as required.
Best goes with Phulkas, aloo paratha or Whole Wheat Laccha Paratha.