Mangalorean Style Kayi Vade Recipe (Coconut and Rice Flour Fried Bread Recipe)
Mangalorean Style Kayi Vade Recipe (Coconut and Rice Flour Fried Bread Recipe) is a hand pressed bread which is deep fried in hot oil. The dough is different from the normal poori dough recipes as it contains the spice mix that are origin to the flavors of Mangalorean cuisine. The pooris are patted on to your palm and then deep fried. Mangalorean cuisine uses a lot of coriander seeds, cumin seeds and dry red chilies in their style of cooking which gives it an authentic flavor to the dishes.
If you are looking for more puri recipes here are some :
- Calcutta Style Puchkas Recipe (Pani Puri Recipe)
- Matar Ki Puri (Crispy Puffed Indian Bread With Peas)
- Baked & Crisp Whole Wheat Methi Puri Recipe (Healthy Snack)
- 2 cup Rice flour
- 2 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 2 sprig Curry leaves , finely chopped
- Salt , to taste To grind
- 1 cup Fresh coconut , grated
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
- 2 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds) , or cumin seeds
- Sunflower Oil , for deep frying
How to make Mangalorean Style Kayi Vade Recipe (Coconut and Rice Flour Fried Bread Recipe)
We begin making the Mangalorean Style Kayi Vade Recipe (Coconut and Rice Flour Fried Bread Recipe) by dry grinding the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and dry red chillies into a smooth powder and keep it aside.
Then in the same mixer grind the coconut to a corse mixture and add it into the spice powder. Now in large mixing bowl mix in all the ingredients and bind it into a chapathi dough consistency.
You can rest the dough for about 10 minutes and in the meantime heat a kadai with oil to fry the pooris.
Take a small round from the dough and apply oil on to your palms and pat the dough into a flat shape. Then carefully drop the dough into the oil and fry till it is golden brown on either side.
Do the same thing for the rest of the dough and serve.