Masalewari Koki Recipe (Spiced Sindhi Roti)
Masalewari Koki is a spicy typical Sindhi Flat bread made using whole wheat flour and flavoured with onions and spices.
Masalewari Koki is a spicy typical Sindhi Flat bread made using whole wheat flour. Koki is almost similar to the regular paratha but the cooking method is entirely different and this what makes koki unique from paratha. Do try this trademark Sindhi breakfast dish and we are sure you will make it again and again.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Flat Bread recipes such as
4 people Servings
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped (adjustable)
- 3 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Asafoetida (hing) , a pinch
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Anardana Powder (Pomegranate Seed Powder) , dry and slightly crushed
- Ghee , as required + for roasting kokhi
- Salt , to taste
How to make Masalewari Koki Recipe (Spiced Sindhi Roti)
To begin making the Masalewari Koki recipe, take wheat flour in a big bowl.
Add onion, ginger, green chilli, herbs, carom seeds, cumin seeds, dry pomegranate seeds, asafoetida, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix everything properly.
Next, add water little by little and make a soft dough.
Add 2 tablespoons ghee, knead again, cover and keep the dough aside for 10 to 15 minutes to set. After 10 to 15 minutes, knead the dough again, until smooth.
Preheat tawa over medium flame. Meanwhile, make orange sized balls from the dough. Dust dry flour and make 3-4 inch thick roti using rolling pin.
Place the roti on the hot tawa. Cook both sides on medium flame till its crisp. Brush ghee generously on both sides.