Matar Mushroom Curry Recipe
Indian cuisine has a huge list of delicious curries, Matar Mushroom curry is also one of those recipes which are so tempting and delicious when it cooked in the gravy of onion, tomatoes and garlic. This Matar mushroom dry curry recipe is a special treat for any busy weekday with phulkas or tawa paratha or with other specialties like a dry sabzi like Makai Wali Bhindi and a dessert like Mini Key Lime Pie on a weekend too.
Look at our other mushroom delicacies
- 1/2 cup Button mushrooms , diced (canned or store-bought fresh mushrooms)
- 2 cups Green peas (Matar) , boiled
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 Tomato , pureed
- 2 teaspoons Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon Tomato Ketchup , or sugar can be used
- 2 tablespoons Fresh cream
- Cooking oil , to cook
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped, for garnishing
- Salt , as per need
How to make Matar Mushroom Curry Recipe
To prepare Matar Mushroom Curry, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
After they splutter, add the chopped onions and fry them till light brown on medium heat.
Add ginger garlic paste and sauté it till the raw smell disappears.
Add tomato puree and salt and cook for 2 minutes until combined.
Then add all the spices and saute for about 3-5 minutes.
Add green peas and mushrooms and mix them well. Cook for another 5-6 minutes.
Add kasoori methi and some water to cook till combined.
Add fresh cream and mix it well for a minute.
Switch off the gas and add chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.