Matki Kala Chana Salad Recipe
A light and healthy salad recipe,Matki Kala Chana Salad Recipe can be had at anytime of the day. Made with a combination of Moth sprouts and Kala Chana, this salad is an absolute winner.
Matki Kala Chana Salad Recipe is a light and healthy recipe which you can have at anytime of the day. Moth Sprouts and Kala Chana tossed in a chatpata dressing. It's not time consuming and makes a great tea time snack, breakfast or a light dinner.
Serve Matki Kala Chana Salad Recipe for a light dinner with Roasted Tomato and Pumpkin Soup or you can also pack it for your snack box meal with a sandwich like Grilled Mushroom Sandwich Recipe With Herbs.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Salad recipes such as
- Savory Melon Salad Recipe
- Smoked Tofu and Grilled Vegetable Salad Recipe
- Creamy Potato Egg Salad Recipe with Herbs
- 2 cup Moth Sprouts (Matki)
- 1 cup Kala Chana (Brown Chickpeas)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 tablespoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Salt , to taste
- 1/4 tablespoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/4 cup Onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomato , chopped
- 1 Lemon juice
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
How to make Matki Kala Chana Salad Recipe
To begin making the Matki Kala Chana Salad Recipe, firstly keep the sprouts ready, you can either use store bought sprouts or learn How to make Sprouts at Home
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium flame, add cumin seeds and once they begin to sizzle, add matki and chana sprouts.
Next add all dry spices including turmeric powder, chilli powder, chaat masala and salt according to your taste.
Mix it well and cover it with a lid and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
Switch off the stove and transfer the sprouts into a mixing bowl.
Into the bowl add the chopped onion, tomato, green chillies and lemon juice. Mix everything well.
Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander and serve.