Minestrone Soup Recipe
Beans, onions, celery, carrots, stock, and tomatoes are brought together to make this hearty soup
The Minestrone soup has been an all time favorite soup at home, packed with nutrition and alot of energy making it a replacement for a wholesome meal and a light dinner. Minestrone (literally big soup) is a thick soup of Italian origin made with vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice. Common ingredients include beans, onions, celery, carrots, stock, and tomatoes. Serve Minestrone Soup Recipe with Herb Mushroom Bruschetta Recipe and Pineapple Carpaccio Recipe (Spiced Pineapple Salad with Ginger & Mint) for a weekend dinner.
If you like this recipe, take a look at more soup recipes that you can also try
- 4 Tomatoes , blanched, skin removed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Baked beans , (cannellini white beans, red kidney beans, rajma and the like can be added)
- 1/4 cup Pasta , 1/4 cup pasta, cooked (use a tiny variety or you can chop up the cooked penne pasta as well)
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , peeled and diced small
- 1 Green zucchini , diced small
- 200 grams Broccoli , made into small florets
- 1 Stalk Celery , finely chopped
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Basil leaves , a few, torn
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini)
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- Parmesan cheese , for garnishing
How to make Minestrone Soup Recipe
To begin making the Minestrone Soup Recipe, in a heavy bottomed sauce pan or a soup pot, combine all the ingredients except pasta, zucchini, broccoli and cheese and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes.
Towards the end when the soup is done cooking, add pasta, zucchini and broccoli.
Cover and cook 10 more minutes. We do this because, the broccoli and zucchini take very less time to cook and the pasta is already cooked to al-dente.
Remove bay leaf and check the salt and black pepper and add more if required. And thats it, the wholesome soup is ready to be served.
Serve the Minestrone Soup into bowls and sprinkle parmesan cheese over top. Garnish with basil, if desired and serve warm with Herb Mushroom Bruschetta Recipe and Pineapple Carpaccio Recipe (Spiced Pineapple Salad with Ginger & Mint) for a weekend dinner.