Pudina Mushroom And Soya Biryani Recipe
Pudina Mushroom And Soya Biryani Recipe is a high protein vegetarian biryani with soya chunks, flavoured with mint and whole spices, making it a delicious Sunday afternoon meal. Serve it along with a raita and salad for a dinner.
Pudina Mushroom And Soya Biryani Recipe is a delicious one pot biryani recipe, made by putting together mushrooms along with soya chunks seasoned with whole spices and pudina leaves, along with rice, making it a delectable rice dish.
If you like this Pudina Mushroom And Soya Biryani, you can also try other Biryani Recipes such as
- 1-1/2 cups Basmati rice , parboiled with spices infused water (Spices include Cinnamon, One Mint branch, 2-3 Cloves and Cardamoms, 1 Bay leaf)
- 1 cup Button mushrooms , cut into quarters
- 1 cup Soy Chunks (Nuggets) , soaked in hot water
- 1 cup Onion , sliced
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1/2 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons Biryani Masala
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina) , finely chopped
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 Star anise
- 1 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
How to make Pudina Mushroom And Soya Biryani Recipe
To begin making the Pudina Mushroom And Soya Biryani recipe, wash and soak the rice in water for 20 minutes.
In a bowl, place the soya chunks, and pour boiling hot water over it and allow it to soak in it.
In a pressure cooker, heat ghee on low flame, add the whole spices - cumin seeds, bay leaf, star anise, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, once these begin to sizzle, add in the ginger, garlic, green chili, saute for a coulee of minutes.
Next increase the heat to medium -low and add the sliced onions and cook until transparent, this will take about 2-3 minutes.
At this stage, add the mushrooms, and the dry masalas - biryani masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, salt and give it a good mix.
Now add the curd, drained soya chunks, pudina leaves, drained rice and 2 cups of water and close the pressure cooker.
Allow the Pudina Mushroom And Soya Biryani recipe to pressure cook for 2 whistles and turn off the flame. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
Once released, open the pressure cooker and gently sluff up the Pudina Mushroom And Soya Biryani recipe and transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.